After the Resurrection, there were 40 days between when Jesus rose and when he ascended. This is the order of events according to the Gospels.
- Jesus appears to Mary Magdalene (Mark 16:9-11, John 20:11-18)
- Jesus appears to Mary, Salome, Joanna (Matthew 28:1, Mark 16:1, Luke 24:10)
- Jesus appears to Peter (Luke 24:34)
- Jesus appears to Cleopas and his companion (Luke 24:13-35)
- Jesus appears to the disciples (minus Thomas) (Luke 24:36-43, John 20:19-25)
- Jesus appears to disciples (including Thomas) (John 20:26-29)
- Seven of the disciples at the Sea of Tiberius (John 21:1-23)
- Disciples and a large gathering at Galilee (Matthew 28:16-17)
- The Ascension (Luke 24:50-52)
- Pentecost (Acts 2:1-40)
Want to learn more about the Ascension? Read my book, Jesus Ascended. What Does That Mean?
© 2021, Scott Douglas. All Rights Reserved.